Yum Yum YUm Yum, that is all I can say. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And as a possible Father’s Day gift next weekend.
Enjoy with some fresh strawberries or blueberries and coconut yogurt and almond milk.
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil or butter or a mixture of both
- 3 tablespoons of rice malt syrup (I use Pureharvest $3.80 from supermarket)
- 1/2 cup pureed cooked pumpkin
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chai seeds (I also use Quinoa as a replacement sometimes)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 2 cups of roughly chopped mixed nuts – almonds, cashews, walnuts, pepitas, peacans etc
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees celcius.
- In a saucepan, melt the oil/butter, syrup and pumpkin puree and bring to a gentle boil.
- Remove from heat & stir in the oats until well combined, then stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spread the mixture evenly on baking paper on a tray and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden, turning halfway.
- When golden, remove from oven & cool immediately to get it crispy. Break up the pieces a little and store in a air tight container.
- Make sure completely cool before storing.
- I also add 1 heaped tablespoon of freshly grated ginger to my mix.