Sweet Beetroot Relish
This beautiful relish is perfect to jazz up your salad, wrap or on top of a mince patty or steak.
Write a review
- 3 medium / large beetroots
- 3 medium green apples
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli
- 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- Grate the beetroot & green apple and set aside.
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat and with adding any oil, add the mustard seeds to the saucepan & stir until they begin to pop.
- Once the seeds begin to pop, add oil & onion & stir until the onion is translucent.
- Add grated beetroot & apple and stir until well combined.
- Add water, honey, apple cider vinegar, chili, ground coriander, lemon juice, cinnamon & allspice and stir until well combined then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Taste the relish & adjust slightly if needed by adding additional honey to sweeten, or chili if you want more kick.
- Store in a mason jar or airtight container in the fridge.
Fabulous Physiques http://www.fabulousphysiques.com.au/