Protein Blueberry Pancake
This wholesome, nutritious pancake will fill you up for hours and hours. It is delicious! Don’t rush the cooking, let it sit and slowly cook. Even add a little baking powder if you want to make it even a little more fluffy.
Write a review
- 5 ml coconut oil ( can be omitted if pan is super non stick)
- 1 Whole Egg
- 132g Egg Whites
- 30g Fitbits Vanilla Pea Protein
- 120g Frozen (or fresh) blueberries
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon psyllium husks
- Pinch of bicarb of soda
- Optional Extra – this will depend on your target calories for the day
- 30g Rolled Oates (116 calories, 17g carbs, 3.3g protein)
- 30g Tamar Valley Greek Yoghurt (39 calories, 1.6g carbs, 1.6g sugar, 1.6g protein. 2.9g fat) – this is spread over the top of the cooked pancake when eating.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small fry pan, I use 20cm (measured around the rim)
- While this is heating up, place your egg, egg whites, oats (if using) protein powder, cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- Reduce heat to around medium low, pour the mixture into the heated pan then sprinkle the blueberries evenly around the pancake.
- Put a lid on the pan and let cook. Check at around 4 minutes to see if it ready to flip.
- When you flip it, turn off the heat and put the lid on. Only leave it on the hot plate for a minute.
- Turn out onto a plate, and spread with the Greek yoghurt if using it. Another sprinkling of some more cinnamon, or nutmeg if your prefer is very nice.
The recipe, without the inclusion of the oats has the following nutritional breakdown
- 334 calories
- 15.9g carbohydrates
- 44.7g protein
- 10.7g fat
If you add in the Oats and Tamar Greek Yoghurt (no added sugar, low fat) it comes to
- 479 Calories
- 33.3g Carbohydrates
- 16.6g Fat
- 50.1g Protein
Fabulous Physiques http://www.fabulousphysiques.com.au/