Fight the flu Chicken Soup
I love love love this recipe and have been cooking it for over 6 years every winter. Chicken contains Zinc, carrots contain beta-carotene, onion & garlic are potent antiviral, and ginger is said to be good for immunity, respiratory function and bacterial infections.
Write a review
- 1.5 litres of chicken stock (low salt)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, grated (I like more)
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 200 g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 500 g skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine the first 7 ingredients into a large pan.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken has cooked.
- Add the broccoli and shallots and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with cayenne pepper.
- I like to steam some additional zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower and make it a massive vege feast.
Fabulous Physiques http://www.fabulousphysiques.com.au/