Massive Weekly Vegie Cookup
Every Sunday I make up this big vegetable soup type meal. Serve up a cup or more with some lean protein and you have a quick & very healthy meal. It’s awesome for winter and by changing the protein you have with it, it’s delicious for both lunch and dinner.
Write a review
2 hr 30 min
2 hr 30 min
- 2 – 3 Tblsp Olive or Coconut Oil
- 3 Large Brown Onions
- 1 Red Capsicum
- 4 Celery Sticks (including leafs)
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- Bunch Italian Parsley, chopped
- 2 Litres of Chicken Stock
- ½ Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 head of Broccoli, chopped
- ½ Cauliflower, chopped
- 2 – 3 Zucchini’s, chopped
- 1 Tblsp mixed herbs
- 2 x 400ml cans chopped tomatoes
- ½ – 1 box frozen spinach
- Optional Extra’s (perhaps exclude if losing weight)
- 1 butter beans, drained
- 1 tin 4 bean mix, drained
- 3 – 4 Carrots
- Sweet Potato
- Heat oil in an 8 – 10 litre stock pot. On a medium heat cook the onion, garlic, celery and capsicum until onions are clear and soft. Stirring occasionally and put the lid on the pot.
- Add the 2 litres of stock, cans of tomatoes, all other vegetables. Stir until well mixed, place the lid on the pot, turn heat up to medium high until simmering. Then turn down heat and let cook for an hour or so until all vegetables are soft. Stirring occasionally.
- When cooked, allow to cool before tipping into TWO x 4 or 5 litre containers. Store one in the refrigerator and the other in the freezer for later in the week.
- Serving: Place 1 to 1.5 cups of vegetable mix into a bowl & reheat. Add some cooked lean cooked chicken breast, beef (100 – 160 grams) or an egg. If you are really hungry add some Psyllium husk to the mix to thicken up the meal.
- Other low carb ingredients you can add: fresh herbs, mushrooms, bok choy, eggplant, snow peas, Brussel sprouts, squash etc
Fabulous Physiques http://www.fabulousphysiques.com.au/