This slice is my new favorite recipe. Pumpkins are full of Vitamin A, C & E, flavonoid antioxidants, carotenoids and potasium.
Because of the high amount of dietary fiber in the pumpkin it is going to also help you feel fuller for longer.
Almond meal is a packed with protein, good fats, vitamin E and calcium. And then of course you have eggs and coconut oil.
Regardless of these health benefits, it just tastes delectable.
- 900g pumpkin (I like jap)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw honey or rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (heat a little to make liquid if solidified in the cold)
- 2 cups almond meal/flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (extra) mixed with 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Preheat oven at 175 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a baking tray approximately 22 x 32 cm in size.
- Cut the pumpkin into 4 – 5 cm squares and boil in water until soft. Tip into strainer to drain off the water.
- When cooled, mash the pumpkin or process in blender until smooth puree.
- Whisk together the eggs, honey, coconut oil, and pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Sift the almond flour, spices, baking soda, baking soda/lemon mixture & salt, then stir into the pumpkin mixture. Spread the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for 30 – 45 minutes. Cool cut into squares and serve.