Gingerbread Protein Balls
These spicy little delights are excellent for satisfying your sweet tooth on Christmas day. Or any other day for that matter. The sweetness comes from dates, and with the addition of protein powder you are giving yourself a little protein boost too.
Write a review
- 300g pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (I used Pea Protein from Fitbits)
- Place the dates in a food processor or blender and process until they are smooth, but not a paste.
- This section you can do in the food processor or in a bowl. If you add all of the dry ingredients into the food processor, I got a bit of powder in the air. But it was quick.
- Alternatively, you can mix them all together in a bowl by hand using a spoon or fork.
- Once all mixed, roll into small balls.
- This recipe made 25 balls for me, it will depend on the size you require.
- You could even put them on a baking tray lined with baking paper, press them down with fork and bake them for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- The consistency of your mixture may vary depending upon the type of protein powder you use.
Fabulous Physiques http://www.fabulousphysiques.com.au/